Monday, February 9, 2015

Word Of God Is At Work In Those Who Believe - Prayer Monday


God’s Word works in our lives.

But how much more it works in our prayers!

“There are only three classes of people in the world today: those who are afraid, those who do not know enough to be afraid, and those who know their Bibles.”
Unknown preacher

Using Scripture in our prayer underscores that we desire to search out God’s heart in a matter.

And that we seek to know His will.


“And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe”. 1 Thess. 2:13

We may have many requests that we would like to be filled.

But are they according to God’s Word?

If we read the Scripture and seek God’s heart and His wishes.

Are they the same as our heart’s desires?

God’s way is always the best.


And we need to read His Word and pray to know His mind.

So that His will can be revealed to us.

And also that we can wish the same thing He wishes for us.

“Dear God, show me Your will in Your Word. I know that I have many desires. Many of them are very good desires but they are not according to Your will. They are not the best for me. Teach me Your Word and Your will, show me Your heart, so I can desire what you desire for me. Let me submit to You! Amen!”



 This message is part of the Prayer Monday series.

No comments:

Post a Comment