Monday, February 16, 2015

Embracing The Past - Prayer Monday


May your day be blessed and filled with God's everlasting love and forginess!

On this Carnival Monday I wanted to look back and see what has happened since the last year when I started blogging for real.

Here are three of the posts that I found.

And wanted to share with you!


We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.  
C. S. Lewis

God's Gentelness and Our Pain


When I was a teenager I prayed God.

I asked Him to make me a reflection of Him.

To take away everything unnecessary.


Jesus Christ is always unyielding to my claim to my right to myself. The one essential element in all our Lord’s teaching about discipleship is abandon, no calculation, no trace of self-interest.
Oswald Chambers - Disciples Indeed, 395 L

When In Silence And Solitude


Silence is amazing and I need it for my mental health.

I've always enjoyed being in silence, at home, in nature, any secluded place I can find.

The silence gives me the opportunity to meditate, to be in a constants prayer in the presence of God.



How God Speaks To Us?


From the Bible we can see that God talks to us, His people, in different ways.

Jesus says that His “sheep” will hear His voice.

Does this mean that we will literally hear His voice?

Like Paul heard Him when Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus?

Paul could hear with his own ears what Jesus said to him.



 This message is part of the Prayer Monday series.

No comments:

Post a Comment