Monday, February 2, 2015

His Word Is Like Fire - Prayer Monday


The Scripture makes us think when we pray.

“To use God’s Word in prayer is to employ divine power in breaking strongholds and demolishing arguments of the enemy.”
Joni Eareckson Tada

Using the Scripture in our prayer shows God the importance we are attaching to our requests.

It also demonstrates the high regard and appreciation we attach to His Word.


“’Is not my word like fire,’ declares the Lord, ‘and like a hammer that breaks a rock in pieces’” Jer. 23:29

When we cannot find our own words.

We can lend God’s Words for our prayer.

There is always something in Bible, that talks to our hearts and the worry, pain or sorrow that we carry.


And even when we find those words, our prayer is even stronger to change us.

If we build it on the foundations of His Word.

“Dear God, help me to find the right words to tell You how I feel. To tell You what is bothering me. And also to understand what is it inside me that is not according to your plan. Help me to build my life and my prayer in Your Word and Your will. Let Your Word be the fire that cleanses me and the hammer that breaks the walls of my stubbornness. Help me to always trust that it is the best for me! Amen!”


This message is part of the Prayer Monday series.

3 comments:

  1. I love this verse in Jeremiah... especially because the word hammer in Hebrew is the same one used elsewhere to indicate a forging hammer... one used to meld and mold metal... so God's Word is doubly amazing, it breaks up the hard places, making room for God to work, but at the very same time it also shapes and molds and works us to a point where we have solid purpose! His amazing Word!
    Thanks for reminding me of this, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the background information, Christine! I love the verse also. Although for me it's more because of comparing the God's Word to fire. Because fire burns but also purifies away everything that should not be there.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement to use scripture in our prayer life. Thank you for linking up at Good Morning Mondays. Blessings

    ReplyDelete