Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday Facts

Today is Wednesday. It's no Friday but it's not Monday, either.

To honor the fact that we are in the middle of week, I will tell you five facts of life, about me or someone else, faith, world and existence in general.

And what I want from you, my readers?

I want to know about you! 

So, leave me your facts, so I can comment them.

They can also be about you, your life or anything you find fascinating in this world or in the world beyond.

The last week was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed reading your facts.

Don't forget to leave them this week also :)

Here I go:

1) I hate flying insects. I have almost no problem with crawling ones. I don't like them or enjoy them close to me but I'm afraid of them either. But the flying one scare me to death, even butterflies. I just can't stand something flying around me and not knowing what they will do. I'm not a great fan of birds either but I don't hate them. I am terrified of roaches, they are the most horrific things and, of course, there are flying roaches here, YAY, not.

2) I love swimming. When I was a kid I spent the summers in the lake close to our summer cottage. Finland has loads of lakes, more than 200 000, and I just loved to swim in them. It took some time to get used to swimming in the ocean but I love it also, although it's harder to float with the waves. Now I'm learning to swim in the rivers here in the Amazon. It's a bit more dangerous and you need to know where to do it because of the river itself, the boas, poisonous river stingrays and all the other lovely animals there are in the Amazon.

3)  I stayed home until my son was 1 year and 8 months old. I wanted to stay longer but I was going nuts and I had to do something. So I started to work teaching English two days a week in my friends child care center. I consider that working out is my way to stay sane and the wonderful thing about my work is that I have no schedule, I can work at my home office and our office is at the other side of the road from my house. I only have to leave when I go to visit the schools and the communities, or when I have teacher trainings or meetings.

4) I like cooking, once in a while, and baking delicious things, but I hate washing the dishes and I really dislike cleaning the house. I'm definitely not a homebody. I'm always looking for ways to spend less time in household chores. And my house looks like it.

5) I love reading. My favorite writer is C. S. Lewis, both his fantasy books as his apologist work. My favorites are, of course, Narnia books and Mere Christianity. An excellent explication of core belief of Christianism. Besides Narnia books I have always adored The Lord of the Rings and other Tolkien books. I just love good epic fantasy. But I'm eclectic reader, I enjoy just about any genre, as long as it's well written.

Now it's your turn...

1 comment:

  1. I love your facts! I hate flying insects, too...but really just the buzzing kind. I also hate doing dishes! I hate spiders most of all, though...
    Other facts? I'm a CHRONIC insomniac...it's almost 3:30am and I have to be up for work in a few hours!
    I'm a Coca-Cola Addict...I'm on the equivalent of probably number 6 for today...yes, I know how bad it is for me...
    I love my iPhone. I'm on it looking at things all the time. But not talking. I hate actually talking on the phone!!! :)
    Thanks for sharing!!!

    - Brooke -

    ReplyDelete