Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Mocking The Poor Is Mocking The God - Thoughtful Tuesdays

 
It is the Thoughtful Tuesday today.

There are many people who have been close to God and have given us good thoughts to meditate on.

God's Word gives us many verses we need to pray about.

Today is dedicated to those thoughts, ideas, verses and words that make us think and make us want to be closer to God.

Here are today's thoughts!




What is the use of praying if at the very moment of prayer we have so little confidence in God that we are busy planning our own kind of answer to our prayer?
Thomas Merton


Mocking the poor is mocking the God who made them.  He will punish those who rejoice at others’ misfortunes.
Proverbs 17:5
The Living Bible


 

This post is part of Thoughtful Tuesday series. 


6 comments:

  1. I'm your neighbor at Jennifer's today...love the thought of not saying anything negative. I went on a negativity fast last year and it was the most challenging thing I have ever done! But I should be doing it year around. :( Thanks for the reminder. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Nannette, we all should do a negativity fast all year around. I bet the world would be a lot better place :)

      Delete
  2. I gave up Negativity for Lent this year... wow! It was the self-thoughts that hit the hardest! The other parts were not so difficult! What a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that, Karrilee! I think I would have trouble not being so negative about myself too. I must try doing the fast also, even if it's not lent anymore.

      Delete
  3. That is a good idea to go a whole day without saying anything negative. It would be hard to do except with the Lord's help. He alone can tame our tongues and give us love for our neighbors. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete